Back To School
We hope you all had a great summer break and are excited for the new school year! It has been an exciting couple months with the recent London Olympics and a stellar performance from our USA Archery team who brought home a team silver medal! Our U.S. Paralympic team was also very successful, bringing home individual gold and silver medals!
As everyone settles in for the new school we wanted to give some OAS updates for this year.
1) We are launching our new online membership system for our schools. This will make it easier for you to make requests, and sign-up for events. Each school has their own login so contact Keaton Chia (email@example.com) to get it.
2) We are giving each of our program conferences more of their own identity this year. So our website now has a section for each conference where news and updates can be found for each of them. Please check those areas soon as we update them with more content. We will be having more events in each conference now so more information will be posted there.
3) Workshops for this semester are being planned. If you are interested in hosting a workshop, please contact your Conference Leader or Keaton Chia (firstname.lastname@example.org). New workshop topics will be offered this year including competition prep, equipment maintenance, and more.
4) The fall mail-in tournament is now starting. This year we are adding a coaches division so that coaches can play too! Registration and more announcements are coming soon! The fall tournament will run from September 1st to December 1st. We are also offering a spring mail-in tournament that will go from February 1st to May 1st.
5) For our competition season, we have set archery as a spring sport. The league season will now go from February to April. Also the league format has been simplified and no longer includes league finals as we are now offering Sectionals and State Championships this year.
6) We have finalized our formats for OAS Sectionals and State Championships. Sectionals are being planned for April 2013 and State Championships in May 2013. Please keep an eye out for announcements from you Conference Leaders for these competitions in your area.
We look forward to seeing you all soon and for another exciting year for OAS!
Have a great start to the new school year everyone!
~ the OAS staff