The Level 1 Coach Course is required for all OAS Coaches. This class teaches you the basics of Olympic-style archery and prepares you to teach a safe and fun beginning archery class/program. The online part takes approximately 2 hours and must be completed before attending the course. A study guide has also been provided that must be finished and turned in at the beginning of your class. The course is approximately 6 hours of hands-on practice and shooting. Available sessions can be seen in our calendar on right. Please register for your course at least 2 weeks in advance to ensure your spot.
1) Register for a course. Available sessions can be found in the calendar on the right. Please contact the course instructor at least 2 weeks in advance to reserve your spot.
2) Print and complete the Level 1 Study Guide (mandatory) – must be turned in at the beginning of your class
3) Complete Level 1 Online Course:
|1.0 _Welcome (4:07)|
|2.0_OAS Program (3:37)|
|3.0_Range Setup (5:42)|
|4.0_Basic Equipment (25:18)|
|6.0_Basic Shooting Technique (21:30)|
|7.0_Basic Coaching (13:55)|
|8.0_Competition Basics (13:36)|
|9.0_Archery League (in development)|
|10.0_OAS Curriculum (in development)|
4) Attend your scheduled Level 1 Coach Course.
5) Upon completion of the course you will receive your OAS and USAA Level 1 Coach Certification which is valid for 3 years. Additional Coach Insurance Benefits can be received by joining USA Archery. Check here for Membership Benefits and How To Join. Your Coach Certification can be renewed by re-attending a Level 1 Coach Course, taking the Level 2 Coach Course, or attending an OAS Coach & Student Workshop.
- OAS Coach Course Evaluation
- Level 1 Coach Course Outline
- Level 1 Study Guide
- Level 1 Study Guide KEY
- Level 1 Coach Course Exam
- Level 1 Coach Course Exam KEY